Saturday, April 28, 2007

Alppitähden taimi, Edelweiss plant

Yesterday I wanted to cheer me up a little and I went to a garden store. Prices of plants were very high, and I felt me sad and small. Selection of plants was abundant. I strolled in the garden center a long time. Finally I decided to buy three small Edelweiss plants, Leontopodium alpinum, and went home.

My tiny rock garden is scorched after very dry last summer. There still are some plants alive, but it is so early spring yet, that only few plants turn to green. This moment it's too early to estimate damages there.

I planted my three Edelweiss plants in the garden this morning as you can see in the picture above. It will cost a lot to have two hobbies and it depresses my spirits. But I will feel better, if my Edelweisses will grow and bloom this year and years after too.

No comments: