Sunday, December 16, 2007

The squares

I can't resist the little squares with the symbols on my chart on the table and the squares on my aida fabric, the geometrical stitches, which are forming shapes of diversity, the silent darkness of the northern winter night. It's cold outside, but warm and cozy in the home when burning candles and sitting over the embroidery works. It's a feeling of a freedom to compose the thoughts and to concentrate on the work and the mood.
The flowing wawes are taking me towards new solutions, some little things are happening. Time to time the days are bringing something new.

Christmas presents are waiting for wrapping. On Christmas morning I'll visit my daughters family. I come back home before the traffic stops to run and the silence fells upon the town.
We have a beautiful new church in Laajasalo, where I could go to Christmas matins, but the church is so full of people and I would cry all the time during the service, so I rather stay home. Crying and masses of people would make me feel too heavy.
When I'm home, I'm occupied with my geometry and stitches until I fall in sleep perhaps early in the evening.

No comments: