Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Starting Needle lace

This is my first Needle lace excercise since about 32 years. My principal purpose is only to share my adventures with someone who might be interested in Needle lace in Finland. This technique is much more known in many other Countries all over the world.
I'm trying to create a very simple sampler by using Manuela No 5 cotton crocheting and tatting thread and only one colour. For this work I choosed beautiful yellow coloured thread. Manuela's colourmap has deep and quiet colours and I like them a lot.


Mostly I spend my time doing Cross stitch many hours every day. I have several plans for new works in the future, but time to time I'm going to progress my new interest, the Needle lace.

I hope I'll find books dealing with the Needle lace later. Next I have to find in my storage some old directions how to do Needle lace.

No comments: